In two days, 2016 will be over and I’m sure many are in the same situation I’m in, where I’m reflecting back on the experiences I’ve had this year, and wondering what’s next for 2017.
This year has been a big one for me, and possibly the most fulfilling year I’ve had. In part, I think it’s because I went into 2016 with so much hope, trying to regain a lot of myself that I’d lost in 2015. I went – no, I leaped – into the year, committing to living life with gusto.
In 2017 I want to go further, jump higher, and aim for more. Not in terms of success or physical gains but also in terms of hope, faith, and love. Easier said than done, obviously – but here are some tips that I’m planning on taking to try to make 2017 the best year possible for me. I don’t believe in perfect days, months, or years – but only that you make the best of every good and bad situation.
My hope is that 2017 will be the best year possible for you, as well.
- Divide them up: split your resolutions into steps to make milestones more achievable.
- Make them visible: leave reminders in common places like your mirror, your dashboard, or on your desk at work.
- Share them: keep yourself accountable. Your friends can check in on you from time to time.
- Treat yourself: if you receive a milestone, give yourself a pat on the back or more. We all need little pushes to get to the next level.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously: just because you slip up once or twice doesn’t mean that you have to give up completely. Setbacks are chances to make adjustments and be even better.
Much love to you and yours next year.